Thread: Oblivion
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #731
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Fix the spoiler tag on your post before anyone sees it.
Phew, just fixed it then, hope I didnt spoil anything for anyone, apologies if I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I dunno, I dug the little ambiguity for the real aliens, It leaves the door open for a sequel. It reminded me of the other older scifi movies and novels that go that route which is what Joe wanted to make in the first place.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I dont mind a little ambiguity, I actually prefer sometimes that they leave things open to our imagination, I am someone who loved Prometheus for example. But in Oblivion they gave us virtually NOTHING on the aliens, they didnt leave to our imagination IMO because we literally had nothing to go on, we dont know what they look like, what the TET was, nothing, which I found the only really dissapointing aspect of the movie. We literally didnt know what the humans were fighting against, nor did it look like the humans fought back when they initially invaded, the aliens just destroyed the moon then left us for a while before sending the drones in.

As for a sequel, has Kosinski said he wants to do one? I followed this movie from the start of its production and dont remember hearing anything about a sequel, I always thought this was a stand-alone feature like Moon and Sunshine?

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3