View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #519
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Default Re: 'The GIF Thread' - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I've never really understood the seemingly universal hatred for TDKR among comic book movie websites and forums. Seems the critics and GA saw it in the 85% range of approval, and I'd agree with that number in my own judgement.

A few reasons. One, it is one of those films that is just "cool" to hate on. It ties into another reason that TDK was so amazing that anything following it was going to have a hard time keeping up. If the timeline was shifted and TDKR came before TDK then it wouldn't be hated on as much. TDK set the bar so high in terms of how a comic book film should be done that TDKR was sort of doomed from the get go because peoples expectations got way too high.

Having said all that and that I enjoyed TDKR and thought it was a perfect ending to the trilogy....I can see why there is people that didn't like it. It did have problems that are easy targets for people who can't get past nitpicking.