View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #53
DarKush
Side-Kick

Default Re: Snipes is out of prison- Time to bring back Blade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
I highly doubt that Marvel would bring back anyone from the original New Line Blade Trilogy or carry over any story details from it; they're more likely to start over from scratch with a reboot featuring an all-new storyline and all-new actors.
I'm not so sure. I think since Blade is a black character and so far Marvel hasn't been pushing solo projects with black leads or other non-white leads, they might go back to Snipes as Blade because that is a proven money maker. And there would be media attention and fan interest in seeing Snipes reprise the role. Bringing Snipes back is the safe route.

I've long said that Blade is bigger than Wesley, no matter how good Wesley was in the role and even how much he contributed to how viable Blade is as a character/franchise. In a way he helped make the character cool enough to survive without him playing him. I don't like the idea that a comic book role can only be played by one person. We've seen other definitive perhaps matched or bettered several times now. The same could happen with Blade.

As for the failures of Blade the Series, I don't think Kirk Jones is solely to blame. If anything I lay it at Goyer's feet. He's the guy that picked Jones over Michael Jai White (from what I've read), and he's the one centered the show around new characters, in a way continuing the demolition he started in Trinity. Despite it's faults, I do think Spike gave the show a raw deal. It wasn't a great show, but it didn't suck either. I wish it had at least been given another season to see if it could find and build an audience.

All that being said, I'm glad that Snipes is out and if he takes another stab at Blade, I will be watching. I wouldn't be mad if he got at least one more shot at it to make up for Trinity.

DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote