View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #488
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Their slate is too full for me to believe Episode VII will be out for summer 2015.

The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Pixar's Inside Out - June 19, 2015
Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - July 10, 2015

That's a full summer lineup right there. Unless you put it on Memorial Day weekend. But that takes away from Avengers' grosses/attention.
Devin Faraci said there's a lot of behind-the-scenes stress on the pre-production of 'Episode 7' and that's due to the tentative summer release date. I'm in the mind that, while Star Wars is inherently a summer tentpole, this might be the ONE (and maybe only) exception and will be released during Winter 2015.

Again, this is only going by vibes that Disney Pres Bob Iger wanting Star Wars in theaters before his retirement (2015 is his last active year). After all, it's his crown jewel (among other things). It'll be the ultimate compromise.

I think that's why Disney hasn't committed to a real release date yet. Me thinks that JJ is talking to Kathleen Kennedy about the scheduling and in turn, she's the mediator between Team Lucas to Disney proper on what kind of agreement that can work upon.