View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #91
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Yeah, it seriously does all feel so surreal. Like when did I die and go to heaven?

Same. I felt a bit silly really, but everything i've been seeing on the news lately I can't help thinking 'I wish Superman was real, cause he could have stopped that ' Especially the explosion in Texas. That fire would never have been burning long enough to explode if Superman had showed up and used his super breath to put it out...

I know that sounds incredibly childlike... but I can't help it I get sad that he's not real!
Supes is real as an idea inside us all. And we can all choose to be him. It isn't the powers that defines him, it's his willingness to always act, selflessly help others and always love and trust and choose to see the best in everyone else. We're a transformative race. The power is always there in us to work to stop those kind of disasters and save lives. Look at all the people that ran further in Boston to give blood. All the people that helped rescue the victims. Tell me that's not Superman. He's alive within us all.