View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #93
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Supes is real as an idea inside us all. And we can all choose to be him. It isn't the powers that defines him, it's his willingness to always act, selflessly help others and always love and trust and choose to see the best in everyone else. We're a transformative race. The power is always there in us to work to stop those kind of disasters and save lives. Look at all the people that ran further in Boston to give blood. All the people that helped rescue the victims. Tell me that's not Superman. He's alive within us all.
It's kind of eerie at times to know on how true Goyer's words ended up being on sheer coincidence when he said that this film would "suit" the times. I'm not trying to stir up anything, but when you really think about how bad things have been as of late in real life, people really need something to look at to help them believe even more that there really is still hope and good people left within the world, etc.

heck, with nearly a decade's worth of films that have presented us reluctant or antiheroes as being the top dogs of the film industry, I think it's time to go back to the roots when it comes to presenting heroes in a traditional and more honest sense, and who better to do so than Superman?