View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #105
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Oh you aren't sure? Too bad you can't read between the lines. You should ask the other guy what his point was. What I said was a joke because I am sick of people saying Nolan kept Snyder in line when Nolan had nothing much to do with anything once Snyder came on board. This Snyder bashing is old, it's his movie and nobody kept him in check.

I also said it because I'm sure if Nolan was doing things his way we wouldn't be seeing half of what the new trailer presented. MOS actually looks and feels like a comic book movie (unlike Nolan's last two Batman movies - 1 of which I love - but just saying) and doesn't seem ashamed of it. Even though it's less stylized, it still looks like a Snyder film. So obviously nobody kept him in check.

Get it?!
I, too, get annoyed when people seem to lay all the credit with Nolan and suggest all the blame should rest with Snyder. However, Zack's own interviews suggest that he used Nolan to bounce ideas off quite a bit (at least during pre-production) and why shouldn't he? Each of them have different strengths and weaknesses and collaboration is a great way to arrive at a synthesis of those strengths. If anything, it is to Zack's credit that he chose to use such a considerable resource.