View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #110
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
After getting a better feel and look of the Fantasy like Elements and Visuals that we'll be getting in the film, it still boggles my mind on how they're mixing two very different worlds when it comes to tone and presentation in this film.

We're getting a very sci-fi/fantasy oriented Krypton; one that reminds me of the worlds presented in Avatar and John Carter, and yet in the same time, we're getting a Earth that's presented into looking like so much as our own, as though it weren't Earth presented like it normally is at times in a sci-fi/fantasy based Comic Book Genre film.
Yeah this is exciting. Opening with the fleshed out world of Krypton and then moving to those lovely, anamorphic, raw shots of Kansas and Alaska is going to be so powerful.

I think the tone is definitely achieving something much more real than any other of these movies. I think that's bold, because the greatest thing about this, and any other fiction really is how we use it to reflect on ourselves and our own society and what we can learn. By making the world feel that much closer to ours and then having Superman in it just makes it that much easier.

I think Snyder has pulled it off too. I feel he stumbled a bit with it in Watchmen. The world in that felt gritty and real. But then the characters would move and act in a very surreal way as well as all the stylized slowmo.