View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #43
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Seems it's easily better than Iron Man 2, will be widely considered one of the better Marvel Studio productions, and will get enough public enthusiasm to hit 350+ million.

That would be enough to satisfy me. I didn't expect it to be better than Avengers or even Iron Man 1. That would be a very difficult task.
Agreed. It's the overwhelmingly positive reaction from regular people on Twitter that I find really encouraging. Most viewers are connecting with the film and enjoying it without a lot of hand-wringing and obsessing over plot points.

On another note, IM3 will be released in China on May 3. Marvel's Chinese partner, DMG, has produced a 90-minute TV special that will run on state-run channels from now until the film comes out there. This is apparently a very significant thing, unprecedented for a foreign film to be promoted in that way. All this raises the prospects for IM3 to do very well in China.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/iron...mercial-video/

Quote:
You don’t have to know the language to figure out Disney, Marvel and China-based producer-distributor DMG Entertainment have pulled out all the stops to promote Iron Man 3 in China ahead of its expected May 3 bow there day-and-date with its U.S. premiere. The movie partially filmed in China and features Chinese stars Wang Xueqi and Fan Bing Bing. The massive PR push includes this commercial for a 90-minute program showcasing the film that will air nationally Saturday night and repeat elsewhere until the movie’s debut. Even 30-second spots are hard to get clearance for in China, so this special touting a Western movie — shot during a gala in the Forbidden City with Robert Downey Jr among others a couple of weeks ago — is notable. Also notable: officials from the government-run State Administration of Radio Film & Television were in the audience beaming over the collaboration, we’re told.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: