View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #265
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Default Re: Let's Watch Spider-Man 3 Again and Find Positive Things To Say About It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
I enjoy the Raimi quirkiness of it all. I feel that since he wasn't entirely confident or happy with the direction of the film he probably felt free reign to go all out zany. I thought it had balls to do some of its comedic scenes most people hate. It really depends on the day of the week for me regarding how I view SM3. Sometimes I cringe at it. Sometimes I laugh, smile and think "Why do people hate this?" It's a strange movie in that regard.

I got this feeling immediately after watching SM3 for the first time- knowing how the symbiote storyline was pretty much forced upon him, I get the feeling he felt so backed into a corner that he didn't want to be in that he just said "screw it" and made a ton of choices that reflected some of his bizarre, off the wall sensibilities.

I really would have hated to be in Raimi's shoes with a creep like Arad breathing down the back of your neck, forcing you to change your creative vision.

But yeah, your post is spot on. Some days I can watch SM3 and enjoy it for exactly what it is and some days I find myself hating it for all the squandered potential.

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote