View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #759
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
I used to be, until I realized how awful Venom is, lol. However, I've always stuck up for Topher, and Raimi's Venom, as they're much better than they source material they were based upon, and he actually had a good reason to hate Spider-Man. Yet, he wasn't fleshed out enough in the final movie (due to the cutting of several important scenes and such.) Still holding out for that 3.1 one day soon.
Yeah, I've said countless times that even though I dind't like things like bringing Gwen in and having her come in between Peter and MJ, I did like the way they had her play off of Eddie and how that was one of many things to have him hate Peter. Not to mention, he also had a problem with Spider-Man. That's something that no other villain had. Sure Harry went after Peter, but that was only after finding out he was Spider-Man.

But I really liked how Brock was like an alternate version of Peter because it enhanced just how important the symbiote was to making him stronger, and made Venom an even more stronger threat since it knew all of Peter's moves.