View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #869
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
Hadn't noticed that before. The description mentions a free version might come out. The widget was crashing for me, so I had to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall to get it working. I actually think Circle Battery Widget looks better since it's slightly larger when I made it 1x2.

I used Go Launcher for awhile. Then it started to feel bloated and since I was on ICS, I had other options. I have a special place for it since, after I rooted, I was able to get my phone to at least look like it had ICS.
The only thing that annoys me about Go Launcher Ex is the news messages.
Quote:
Also, my Bionic can update to JB now! Should I do a factory reset before or after I install the update? I definitely will do it immediately this time since I had issues with ICS that didn't go away until I reset.
I haven't been pushed the update yet, so I'm impatiently waiting.

It really depends. If you left it stock after rooting, then you can update and do a factory reset afterwards. If you have things frozen or a vanilla rom, I would do a factory reset first because if certain components aren't present during the update, your phone might brick or the update won't go through at all.