View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #70
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: "DAT SMEXY": The Sexiest X-Men Photo Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
There are plenty of straight X-Men fans too.Many minoritys can relate to Mutants.

With all the gay fans on this board you have to wonder why they worried about Storm being In film so much.
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I loved X-Men from reading the comics as a small child, way before any ideas of sexual identity. Maybe I always felt like a mutant, alienated from the rest of the world, it's possible.

I remember loving the new line-up that arrived in 1975 because they were so varied and interesting. And because I was into science especially biology and physics, the mutant powers fascinated me - the idea of human evolution, the specifics of electromagnetism and weather. No surprise that the elemental mutants with power over earthly or cosmic forces were my favourites - Magneto, Storm, Polaris, Phoenix - but I liked all of them and the stories Claremont told. Chris's descriptive writing appealed to my love of English language. My English teacher would ask where I heard a certain word that she had read in an essay, and it almost always came from the X-Men comics.

So that's why I like Storm, and also over the years because I am in favour of equality (and giving ethnic minorities an equal chance).

Not the least bit obsessed with Hugh Jackman, even with all his muscles etc. I don't really find much sex appeal in the X-Men movies at all!