View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #434
titansupes
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
I love the damage he sustains and how he looks in the film. The chewed up, nicked cowl, the bloody shrapnel on hi mouth, the angry, fed up scowl, the burned bat symbol, the torn cape, the slight limp.

Looks like he went through hell and back and is still going for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Keaton was amazing as Batman.

I know people weren't struck on his Bruce Wayne portrayal.
But I think his entire transition between characters and portrayal was nothing short of amazing.
Same with Chris Reeve as Clark/Superman.

Keaton portrayed a socially awkward Bruce, like Reeve portrayed Clark.

But what was great about Keaton is that he played a realistic take on Bruce. A guy who spent of his time alone. By himself. Only coming out in his element. ..a different person...with one thing on his mind. Beat the scum that took my family from me.

He's that man. And when he's around other people as himself. ..he doesn't know what to do or say, so he comes off like an awkward shy teen. He's nervous. Because he's talking to normal people. He's hardly ever around outside company and he doesn't how to handle himself, so he's a clutz and stimbles with his words.

He's only ever himself around Alfred...but even then, he's a clutz around him at times. Because he's not used to doing normal or saying regular things.

You get a laugh out of Keaton in those scenes. But see that and knowing what he's portraying, then looking at Batman. Nothing short of brilliant!
Agreed and agreed.

Damn, that artwork above is nice.

Last edited by titansupes; 04-19-2013 at 08:59 PM.