View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #38
Energist
Roxy rocks!

Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDM1986 View Post
Looks like I'm of the minority that would rather see DD on the big screen. I personally don't want to see him get stuck on television. He deserves to grace the MCU in the spotlight not thrown on tv.
I agree with you. Arrow's entertaining and all, and I'm sure Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be, too, but a Daredevil film handled properly could be in the realm of Nolan's Batman films in terms of quality. We're talking not just a good super hero film, but a good film, period.

As for story, I'd focus on the origin entirely for the first film. Villain would be The Fixer, with perhaps Gladiator functioning as the physical threat for Matt to go up against. Key characters would include Jack Murdock, Foggy Nelson, Karen Page, Stick, and perhaps Elektra (limited entirely to her time with Matt at Columbia University, however). Story wraps up with The Fixer's demise, creating a power vacuum in Hell's Kitchen, which makes way for the Kingpin to appear in the sequel.

Said sequel would be the "Death of Elektra" storyline, adding Kingping, Bullseye, and Ben Urich to the cast of characters. Karen and Matt have a falling out when Elektra shows up, and the plot more or less follows the original storyline from there. Leading to the third film...

I'd just go ahead and title the finale "Born Again." All Hell breaks loose from the start of the film for Matt, Karen comes back midway through the picture, and we learn of her own fall from grace (no pun intended, I swear) in flashback form which led to Matt's plight. The filmmakers may want to remove the Avengers element from later in the storyline, although they could very well retain it; why not milk the connected universe and its heroes, after all?

Just spit-balling here, however. All of the above disregards licensing agreements and which studio holds the rights to which characters currently. It's just a very loose outline for how I'd personally like to see a Daredevil film trilogy carried out. Who knows if it will ever happen, though?

Energist is offline   Reply With Quote