View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #156
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Default Re: Superman's power level - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/ View Post
I'd love to see a Superman on film that is super-smart. It's not something we've EVER seen.

Best example comes from an issue of Action Comics last year: Lois is gravely injured, so Superman reads and absorbs years of medical knowledge in five minutes, then performs surgery on Lois using his heat vision, x-ray vision, and his diamond-hard thumbnail.

Another scene comes to mind from Busiek's run: Clark's powers have increased, so he's placed entire volumes of information in microdots throughout novels he reads (microdots are real: information miniaturized small enough to fit within a period) to keep up with his new speedier level of reading.

I'd like to see this version of Superman that smart. Or, at the very least, realizing he's that smart and using that intelligence to find ways outside of punches when it comes to solving problems.
I really do not think that general audiences would be willing to accept this sort of thing. As crazy as Superman's regular powers are, just think about how objectively ridiculous the scene you are describing from Action Comics is. Suspension of disbelief only goes so far, especially with a grounded take on the character like Man of Steel. At the very least, one would need an Avengers-style approach for that sort of thing to be seen as acceptable. So I wouldn't hold your breath.

DKDetective is offline   Reply With Quote