View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #171
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Default Re: Superman's power level - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I feel like on-screen superheroes have all taken a power-level hit. I can't think of one that hasn't. I'm actually fine with it in most if not all cases. It can be easier to believe, and more visually appealing.

My only concern when this comes to Supes, is that he's supposed to be able to fly through space at a very rapid rate. For instance, fly to the sun in a matter of minutes, thus enabling our belief that he could travel to other solar systems in a matter of days to weeks.

I suppose it is possible that we could see a Superman that steadily grows in strength. So, while he may struggle to lift an oil rig in Man of Steel, he may toss it with relative ease in a sequel. Food for thought.
Personally, I've never liked the idea of Superman being able to travel beyond our solar system without a ship and suit as it makes little logical sense given how his powers are typically explained as coming from Earth's yellow sun. Honestly, I'm fine with him not being able to travel to the sun in minutes in MoS. However, I think it could possibly be explained by the greater solar energy he gets exposed as he gets closer to the suit. So his maximum speed is constantly increasing as he gets closer and then would gradually decrease as he travels away.