View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #22
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
^^^ Haha my messing up your quote was semantics it's easy to see what I was saying. The fact of the matter is we don't have evidence to suggest we may or may not get only original characters for the show.

All we know for right now is:

1. at least part if not all of the main cast is characters created just for the show (which if loved and well received enough will find their way into the comics just saying).
2. the show will focus on the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
3. the show will feature superheroes, aliens, and unusual things
4. Phil Coulson is the only known character from the MCU in the show right now.

It's easy enough to create agents since they're only normal(mostly) humans. It's a lot harder to create original super powered beings without giving a reason for it. Smallville was able to get away with it for so long because they explained it away by the meteor shower giving people their powers. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on the other hand has a harder time if they wanted to go this route because they are a part of a larger universe and any event that gave a mass number of people powers would surely have to be featured in at least one movie.

All that being said we're more likely to get a mix of original and comic book based characters on the show than to get only original ones.
Obviously, I'm still *hoping* to see familiar characters from the comics in this show; that was my hope for it all along. I just haven't seen any evidence towards that yet (in fact, quite the opposite), not even with J. August Richards' "top secret" role (all the "secrecy" around it may be as simple as him playing the TV version of Nick Fury, for instance).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote