View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #350
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not singling you out -- because your opinion is a *very* common one -- but this cowardice is the reason why Hollywood hasn't produced a blockbuster female-centered action film yet. Hunger Games and the first Tomb Raider are the only ones that qualify as bona fide blockbusters. I'd hope that the eye-popping numbers that THG (and, inevitably, the sequels) generated have finally given Hollywood execs the balls to start throwing some money at the heroines.
See the hunger games was a series of books that already had an established audience. Which I think helped it out immensely. I had no desire to see the movie but my girl had read the books so we went. It was a decent movie but nothing I couldn't have waited too see at home.

And of I'm honest even though I'm a comic fan I don't know how excited I would be for a solo female superhero movie. I just think that the demographic for female lead action movies is small. A lot of risk.

Also I don't take offense too people he who don't agree with my way of thinking. Or even debating with me. That's the whole point of being on this message board.

I think we can both agree though that we want the MCU to continue to thrive and expand with all its unique and different characters that they can bring to cinemas.

KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote