View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #23
Zarex
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
It's easy enough to create agents since they're only normal(mostly) humans. It's a lot harder to create original super powered beings without giving a reason for it. Smallville was able to get away with it for so long because they explained it away by the meteor shower giving people their powers. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on the other hand has a harder time if they wanted to go this route because they are a part of a larger universe and any event that gave a mass number of people powers would surely have to be featured in at least one movie.
My thought is that in a post-Avengers world, Ordinary Joes will be inspired to put on colorful costumes to fight crime. High tech firms will join the race to create a new versions of the Iron Man weapon. Human genetic enhancement will become an even hotter emerging market. And the knowledge that there are other worlds out there will lead some to go a bit to far in reaching out to advanced, and possibly angry alien races. A meteor shower will not be needed in this show!

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote