View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #382
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDailyPigMan View Post
I shoot the image right onto my wall. I know the quality would be improved with the screen, but I don't want to:

1.) spend money on a screen
2.) install a permanent screen; I hang photo frames on the wall with small nails when projector is off
3.) go with a smaller screen; I like the flexibility (large/small/4:3/16:9/cinemascope
Yeah have come across similar issues. Will get one one day but maybe in a new house. Also PM box now free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
That's kind of like getting a really good audio amplifier...but connecting little computer speakers to them.
It's a bit different when you're using a projection system in a less than ideal environment. Depending on your furniture configuration and wall decor you might have to sacrifice significant screen size by going with a screen. Without you can use the whole wall from floor to ceiling and although some intrusive objects might get in the way and ruin part of the picture you still have a cinema like screen (and still of good quality depending on whether you have painted walls/wallpaper & the texture/uniformity of it)