View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #385
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
If they combined the home decor part of a department store (with a little rearrangement from me) with a top of the range home cinema setup I'm sure people would pay for it.

I've got a 60 inch TV in the same room in the corner and the comparison is quite pathetic. The screen size when on the wall is 9 times as big as a 50 inch TV (3 times as wide & 3 times as high). So his boots might be hidden by unfortunate obstacles but otherwise it's an almost life size Man of Steel baby!
Lingerie section.....I would go.

But regarding 'screen size'....it's not quite the size that counts. It's got to comfortably be within you field of view and have a certain 'response' to the light that only projector screen paint really offers....i.e. quality, which is where a really good LCD or plasma can give you over and house wall. It kinda defeats half the purpose of a good projector without a proper screen. But there are smaller speakers of matter design and manufacture that will give you a better representation of the recording.

So what I said before about the little computer speakers aren't quite right...it's more like just getting speakers with large cones...but not necessarily good speakers with good crossovers or construction....just put in a corner. You'll maybe get a lot of volume and some boomy/sloppy badd...if that's what you're after.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-22-2013 at 03:36 PM.
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote