View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #78
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Okay, seriously guys. Superman's my dude, but when people get blown out of an airplane, and Tony is all like "Quiet moments like these I love being a superhero..." you can't help but love that... and if somehow your zeal for Superman's pre-eminence does so, it doesn't do that for most. IM3 is going to be ridiculously epic and unless it makes a significant mis-step, it has the potential to make a billion dollars.

This is also true. MOS will almost certainly be a better film, and if the [mild spoiler: whining about some twist] is accurate, a better received film. And it's not like MOS won't be wildly successful, it's just... sequel power is nothing to sneeze at, neither is the Avengers box office and it's spillover effect to the tributary films' sequels.
How will it almost certainly be a better film? Based on a 2 min trailer? Speilberg isn't directing this thing is he....? I liked the trailer as much as the next guy, but how about we actually see these films befiore making such proclamations. It's FAAAR from certain at this point. The only thing certain is people painting their subjective viewpionts as fact.

Critics aren't going to give a damn about some plot twist (and I'm sure most fans won't either if it works). If anything, critics may like it more. It won't be the breaking point for the film, that's for sure.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote