View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #25
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: If the Guauntlet fits, you must admit .... it's time for Thanos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah.
I love Thanos, obviously, but movie audiences tend to love villains who are layered and complex instead of one-dimensional. Loki and Magneto and The Joker -- especially Ledger's version -- are very multifaceted and fascinating; one-noters like Red Skull, Abomination, Whiplash, Parallax, Ironmonger, and Topher's Venom far less so.

It'd be hard to add layers beyond "megalomania to the nth extreme" to a character like Thanos.
You'd consider The Joker "layered"? Personally I found him more of a meglomaniac. It was just the performance and little personality nuances that lifted it up. It's not like we got to get into his backstory and the kinds of things that make up who he is as a person. In fact, Morgan Freeman basically handed you that on big neon cards with his explanation of how some people just want to watch the world burn.

I just think there's all kinds of possibilities for Thanos. He's got a fantastic name #1. I hope whomever they get has a commanding, booming voice. I would be so pissed if he got the Red Skull treatment. I'm not even a big time comic reader but in what few things I've now caught up with in regards to him, I'm already sold. There's just something about the character.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 04-22-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote