View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #52
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
It's not so much the choreography I'm talking about (as all fight scenes can be criticised on a technical level for something), more the anticipation and buildup. A lot of that though will be down to the fact that we as fans know we're finally about to see Superman punch something onscreen for the first time in a loooooong time
I don't know about you, because I've seen far better choreographed fights at the movies yet none of them had the theater buzzing and in awe as Bane vs Batman, the only one i can really compare to is the final mad dog fight in the raid, but people applauded at the end of that, everyone pretty much felt they had been punted in the gut after the sewer fight, It's definitely my favourite fight scene in a comic book movie...probably next to the final fight at the end of hellboy.

My fear with MoS (and i hope the goyer/nolan influence shows here) is that i hope the action isn't all powers, explosions and train flinging, to me there actually has to be a story told in the fight it can't just be random action which has mostly been the case with Snyder films.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10