View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #355
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
Does it change your opinion of his death now that they're bringing him back?
I know it helps for me and it's kind of why I don't care to an extent about who dies. Joss Whedon and comic book laws both dictate that anyone who dies comes back, just not necessarily in the same form.

I still think people are grossly underestimating their audience, particularly females. When Doctor Who was rebooted, they DELIBERATELY worked to attract females to their audience because females have the most power when it comes to how the household money will be spent. Do you honestly think The Avengers made a billion dollars just on teenage boys? It was repeat attendance by females. Yes, that would mean that a female driven superhero would need some male eye candy in the form of a villain or side-kick but I'm okay with that concession.
He's coming back???? SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad he's coming back.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I've avoided spoilers, so I can't comment on his/her?? return. But if he's coming back as a woman
, that would be unexpected to me.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote