View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #59
samsnee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Yes, those are the primary 2 points I kept in mind while thinking about how Marvel ought to go about this. While those are still problems to overcome, handing off the annual 'Marvel Knights' films to a different, isolated, but yet collaborative division of Marvel would melp mitigate both.

To address #1, the budget of these movies would be modest compared to tentpoles like the Iron Man, Thor and even Avengers films. I believe a $150-200 million worldwide gross would be the minimum amount required in order to justify a film made off of a $75-100 mill budget. I cannot imagine a 'Marvel' branded movie making less unless it is an absolute turd. I trust Fiege to put the right people in place, so much so that I cannot conceive of this scenario.

To address #2, tonally, these movies will be gritty and thus somewhat disassociated from the fun, bright mainstream MCU movies.

Note: I don't necessarily mean R-rated when I say gritty. Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe that nudity and/or viscera are essential to depicting Punisher (for example) on film.
Are you including marketing in your budget? I would say a $100M film has another $30-$40M in marketing attached to it, so a $200M BO wouldn't justify it. The MCU is more about spectacle. I say if you want to do street level heroes, then do a HBO tv series where you could actually do development over time and the budget would be sizeable or a tv show.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote