View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #108
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I'm not talking about producing credit, I'm talking about a skilled storyteller crafting a story, which is what Nolan did, and may producers do not. I'm not talking about bankability, I'm talking about raw acting talent. There's more oscars and noms and other awards on the MOS side, not bankability. Russel Crowe is the only guy in the MOS squad that's at all bankable, but it's just a powerhouse of acting talent anyway.
Who cares about past Oscar noms, they have nothing to do with MoS. Again, it's a selling point for the film more then anything at this point. It could potentially mean something big with good writing and direction, or it may mean we're disappointed in the end... It's potential, not a certainty about the film's overall quality. And other then Shannon, Crowe, RDJ and Kingsley, the cast is pretty much a wash imo. Talking about raw acting talent here, not oscar noms.

Look at TDKR last summer, how many people were certain it would be the best film of the summer only to be dissappointed? How many people thought it would be the biggest hit of the year? Many people loved it of course, but many who thought they would, didn't. I was on the flip side of that. So we wait and see, nothing is a certanty. Particularily that it will be better then IM3. And even that will be subjective beyond one of the films being absolutely terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Now... trying to act like Nolan is a hands off producer here, or that the movie will be affected more by listing the names that don't fit on the marquee than by the great performances that the entirety of the supporting cast routinely turns in... that's fan wankery.
I'm not trying to "act" like it means nothing, I don't put as much faith in a Chris Nolan producing and story credit like I do in a directing one. But I am expecting the film to be a huge success and have stated as much in the MoS forums. It's my most anticipated film this summer. I'm just not swept up in all the hype to the degree that you appear to be.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 04-23-2013 at 10:08 PM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote