View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #295
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
Really? That editorial was about as insipid as the criticisms it attempted to deflect, but really, for as much as you engage in debate on these boards, that sort of sentiment makes you seem far too enamored with this film to be objective. There isn't a single film, let alone piece of fiction, in the history of mankind that is so infallible as to only have one legitimate criticism.
Really really. I have zero problems with those ten issues that are also easily debunked as actual issues and the whole nuclear bomb part is my biggest complaint of them all(which you don't see in that article because there's no way to dispute that one).

Besides my issues of TDKR needing more time as well as using Coleman Reese which I have personally mentioned for months, my biggest complaint will always be the fact that a nuclear bomb doesn't feel like a nuclear bomb.

http://whatculture.com/film/10-quest...ight-rises.php

10. Alfred would nevah give up on Bruce - actually he has left Bruce in the comics.

9. Talia nullified Bane - Bane was the face behind everything that happened up until the very end when Talia made her presence known; to say she nullified him would be saying that the viewer should just not care that Bane was the face of everything what was going on as well as being the threat that Broke the Bat. And Bane also had the respect of his men, even having one of his soldiers totally fine that Bane told him to stay in the soon-to-be fiery ball of an airplane.

As well as the fact that he even disobeyed the one order he received.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
And at least Bane wasn't a paid actor who only showed up on video

8. All Gotham cops were foolishly trapped underground - Aside from Gordon not being the first Commissioner to send all of his forces into one area(Loeb in Batman Begins), Gordon did try to get Foley to search for Bane and he never tried or didn't even cared to do such. And personally, I feel like Gordon was trying to do what he can when he knows that Batman is gone once again.

7. The case of the disappearing limp - Either A.) Bruce continued to wear his knee brace the rest of the film, which shouldn't have been a focus anymore, or B.) His leg was fixed either by Conti's character or in a more "fantastical" or "mystical" level of him climbing out of the Pit a new person.

6. Bruce would never do that to Alfred - Wanting it to be seen that he's indeed dead was the better option of making Gotham City move on and realize that Batman has always been that face of hope that the city needed. A time with Alfred believing Bruce is actually dead is minimal to what that sacrifice meant for a city as a whole.

5. John Blake outsmarted Jim Gordon - A man who went through the same pain knew that Bruce Wayne is Batman over another man who didn't want to know and didn't care to know. Shocking

Besides, Gordon was always known to be someone who tried to play dumb in that aspect of who Batman really was. It wasn't something Gordon wanted to know.

4. Bruce Wayne never wanted copycats - He surely didn't want copycats who has no idea what they're doing shooting guns. Robin John Blake doesn't fit that category and can take up the mantle respectably. Sure, he needs training, but his arc is similar to Bruce's in BB so much that Blake can be the next guy to truly be Batman again and not have to wear hockey pads.

3. Bruce would not have quit over Rachel's death - And he didn't quit being Batman over Rachel's death. He only quit being Bruce.

2. How did Bruce get back to Gotham - The first sentence in that part of the article is so damn right on point: "Dramatic effect be damned.". It's like people want dramatic effects, but then they don't when they have to end up thinking for themselves. I'm glad Nolan made the correct call into showing the audience Bruce leaving and then his next scene is him meeting Selina Kyle. Her reaction fit alongside the audience.

1. Bruce Wayne would never retire - Officially retire, most likely no. But it did fit with Nolan's whole agenda with Bruce from the beginning in creating a symbol. He was never going to do this his entire life, but the legend of Batman became a legacy.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote