View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #299
Clerk
You Look Plump Today

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Well yes and no- I think some and some arent in that article. For example, the Bruce/Alfred arguments- from what I remember, most of the lines are heavily focused on Rachel, so one would think it's just all about Rachel. The implication after TDK and a few lines say "victory has defeated you." You have to really focus on those few lines to really fill in the character motives there.

The same goes for Bruce faking his death after Alfred went "oh it would kill me if you died." The WC article discusses off screen stuff, like "oh well Bruce could've thought X." But on screen, it's easy to go "wait WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO HIM." It's not as if Bruce turned to the camera as he was driving off and said "the temporary pain Alfred will endure will be forgiven when I smile in the cafe." There is some filling in the blanks with character motives there, which I really dont dig personally.

Sorry if my argument is worded terribly, Im taking a break from math finals so I can't really think in terms of ENGLISH.

Last edited by Clerk; 04-23-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote