View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #65
J.Howlett

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
It's a fair question but I'm not really sure how to answer it. The thing is though IM3 and Avengers are two very different movies tonally, I said this in another thread but I believe Avengers success is down to how accessible the film is and how anyone could watch it regardless whether they saw every solo film before hand or none of them. IM3 is very different, and it won't surprise me if people walk away from it thinking it's not as good as Avengers because frankly the 'fun' aspect has been reduced somewhat. It's a far more mature story and that may be a bit jarring for some people. Avengers was simple, you've actually gotta watch IM3, in fact I'll go so far to say that if I was a 10 year kid I might not enjoy this film as much because the coloufulness has been taken away. Truth is I'm not really sure what to make of the MCU after this film and where they are going and I'm not really sure how people are going to react to it. On one hand Marvel have lifted their game to a more mature level which I like, but on the other hand they've taken away the things people loved about the team up movie and even IM1 , namely the 'fun' aspect.
And yet, I've read from multiple reviews that this is the funniest MCU film of them all? Strange that you say that the fun is gone.

My son is hardcore Iron Man and I'm taking him on this birthday. He'll be five (Marvel seems to position a Marvel film on his birthday ever year since he was born so he's a Marvel kid.) But, I was having reservations after a couple of reviews said it was the most violent of the Iron Man films and the fact that he's out of the suit the most in this one.

I may have to rethink the screening now.

It sounds as if Marvel took the criticism of Iron Man 2 maybe a little too far to the other side. Who knows? I like that it's a much more mature story, akin to the first Iron Man, which was still fun. You believe it goes beyond that film, in terms of maturity?