View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #67
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
And yet, I've read from multiple reviews that this is the funniest MCU film of them all? Strange that you say that the fun is gone.

My son is hardcore Iron Man and I'm taking him on this birthday. He'll be five (Marvel seems to position a Marvel film on his birthday ever year since he was born so he's a Marvel kid.) But, I was having reservations after a couple of reviews said it was the most violent of the Iron Man films and the fact that he's out of the suit the most in this one.

I may have to rethink the screening now.

It sounds as if Marvel took the criticism of Iron Man 2 maybe a little too far to the other side. Who knows? I like that it's a much more mature story, akin to the first Iron Man, which was still fun. You believe it goes beyond that film, in terms of maturity?
Oh yeah, it's more mature than IM1 for sure. If it was on a scale it's much more TDK like than Avengers or even IM1 like. Yeah, I'd check it out yourself before you let you kid see it I think. There is some much heavier stuff in this one that I don't think he'll understand to be honest, in fact there's not a hell of a lot of 'Iron Man' in the movie, it's much more a character piece. The humour I'm not so sure of, it's funny in parts, but some of the humour seems to be played at some pretty serious times which is a bit jarring, I don't know about the funniest MCU film, I guess that comes down to taste. When I say 'fun' I'm talking about Avengers style fun of superheroes going around fighting one and other and saving the city type of thing, not necessarily the humour.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.

Last edited by jmc; 04-24-2013 at 04:56 AM.