View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #81
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdork View Post
Don't expect too much from that perspective, because I have to warn you: they took a LOT of liberties with the source material. But it works really well within the context of the film. Just go with an open-mind, and not with a pre-conceived notion based on a comic book run you like. They take a few elements from it but that's it. Overall the movie is great, but... "Don't get too attached to things. Learn to let go".
I don't mind if they throw comic continuity out of the window as long as it results in a great film, obviously not to an extent like Aronofsky's Year One script, but I certainly don't like comic continuity holding films hostage. If whatever liberties you mention end up serving a purpose to make the film better while keeping the overal spirit and themes of the Iron Man character intact then I'm all for it.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10