View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #928
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
I'm 24. The Superman with the trunks was MY Superman...AND my dad's. That's what creates timelessness: something that maintains a consistent level of quality that any generation can be attracted to. Why is timeless literature, or timeless films, considered so? Is it because they "change and adapt with the times?" Or is because they were spectacular to begin with?

Youth has nothing to do with it. Youth is, and this is a bit of a generalized statement so I apologize, inherently stupid. They work on instinct, whereas older individuals have the life experience and wisdom to make important choices. There's an age restriction on being President of the United States for a very good reason. Something as perfectly timeless as Superman, who is the epitome of American mythology, should not bend to suit the whims of a the "younger generation" who think they define what's "cool."

Mark my words: Superman will be getting the trunks back in the near future. Like fashion, the work on these characters, and our general feelings and experiences with them, is cyclical.
I don't know how soon they'll be back in movies, but trunks will definitely return to the comics at some point.