View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #761
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDonaldD View Post
The idea that Batman needs to look armored for him to work on film isn't really fair. Captain America didn't really look so armored in Avengers that his look had to deviate from the comic appearance. TDK Batsuit worked for those films because it fit the aesthetic of the world and it was a creative choice Nolan made most likely cause he simply doesn't like the comic suit. Same with Bane. Nolan didn't even want to use Scarecrow's mask for Christ's sake. That's all fine, I love TDK films but it's all about how well it's executed.
I agree with you, but I'm thinking that now it makes more sense to go armored from a practical and marketing standpoint. Say what you will about the improved functionality of TDK's armor for the actor, Batman's been more armored-looking across media for the last several years. If the films were to go back to something resembling the "Begins" suit and earlier versions, I think alot of people might feel like it's a bit of a step backwards. I might be crazy, or myopic, but we'll see