View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #748
Mad Love
Spirit of Truth
Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - Part 11

My favorite parts from the Empire article:

"I don't mean it as an insult, Iron Man and Hulk are strong heroes, but we've never had a superhero movie where everyone can go, 'Yeah, I understand the why of the whole thing'. Superman is a character who deciphers the why of superheroes." Man of Steel isn't less of a superhero movie. Snyder means for it to b e the most superheroic film ever made.
WB's long-term view has been revised to embrace this new vision, just as The Dark Knight films resisted the commodification of Marvel.
[Man of Steel's] answer is to cover the film with a "shroud of the modern world". Place the fantastic in the everyday, and [Superman] becomes more fantastic.
[Jonathan Kent] wants to protect his son from a world that might not prove worthy of his powers.
"I like to think I gave the DNA for [Clark's] character, how he behaves as a person. He has this other thing going on and there's this thing of, 'Hey man, you've got to take the trash out, because your mum's not going to do it."
"Here's the thing," says Snyder. "The fact that Amy is Lois makes Superman better."

     DC Rɪsᴇs      │ Edgy & Steeped in Realism  (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) 2016!      Trust those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.