View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #748
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - Part 11

My favorite parts from the Empire article:

Quote:
"I don't mean it as an insult, Iron Man and Hulk are strong heroes, but we've never had a superhero movie where everyone can go, 'Yeah, I understand the why of the whole thing'. Superman is a character who deciphers the why of superheroes." Man of Steel isn't less of a superhero movie. Snyder means for it to b e the most superheroic film ever made.
Quote:
WB's long-term view has been revised to embrace this new vision, just as The Dark Knight films resisted the commodification of Marvel.
Quote:
[Man of Steel's] answer is to cover the film with a "shroud of the modern world". Place the fantastic in the everyday, and [Superman] becomes more fantastic.
Quote:
[Jonathan Kent] wants to protect his son from a world that might not prove worthy of his powers.
"I like to think I gave the DNA for [Clark's] character, how he behaves as a person. He has this other thing going on and there's this thing of, 'Hey man, you've got to take the trash out, because your mum's not going to do it."
Quote:
"Here's the thing," says Snyder. "The fact that Amy is Lois makes Superman better."