View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 03:10 AM   #26
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I think the April release date is going to help it more than hurt it. April '14 is essentially going to be the month of Captain America, and if it ends up getting good word of mouth, it'll steamroll everything in its path until TASM 2 comes out in May. I mean Iron Man 3 has The Great Gatsby and Star Trek Into Darkness to worry about. Thor 2 has Catching Fire to worry about. The only thing Cap 2 has to worry about is Rio 2. April 4th 2014 is a very favorable release date.
April is still a quiet month compare to the summer season. Just look at Oblivion's performance this month. Captain America 2 has to be really good to set records in April.

And competition doesn't matter that much to sure-fire blockbuster movie franchises such as Iron Man, Batman, etc. Some movies opened in a very crowded month/weekend and still managed to gross more than 200 to 300 million. Captain America is not even a big movie franchise yet. Its probably going to do decent business, but as far as setting records, earning more than 200 million with an April release date, I'm not sure if this movie achieve that.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/