View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #115
Solouk
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Anti-Prequel Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
For all of the individuals who did not like the prequel trilogy, I highly recommend watching Plinkett's hour long reviews of each film. He illustrates where all of it went wrong through film criticism and history as well: the behind-the-scenes footage illustrates the lack of revision the screenplays went through. In addition, he applies some suggestions that would have made the films 10x better. Plus, he's hilarious.
Yeah I've seen all of them and they are spot on AND very funny. What gets me with Lucas is that after that initial view they had of the final edit of TPM, didnt he think hold on a minute, maybe I've bitten of more than I can chew here. It was clear to see it was terrible. Just as a film,above all else, it was terrible. He's not an idiot, he's an intelligent man. He should've said,"right, there's nothing we can do now because the film is done. But I'm going to go all out to get people in to help me with the next 2." It was a pivotal moment because the trilogy was still salvageable at that point.

Solouk is offline   Reply With Quote