View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #646
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I prefer the Panther as well, but I see him more as a potential Cap replacement for whenever Evans hangs up the tights. For a time back in the 70s they were in a platoon arrangement and very rarely overlapped in the comics - at least the ones I purchased.

And the Avengers could definitely use another flying member. Though Thor and Hulk can hurl and jump their way into and out of trouble, Iron Man has been the only one so far to show any sort of in-flight manueverability. Falcon's abilities should translate well to the big screen.
I'm not really a fan of Falcon and there are many others I'd like to see ahead of him. If the team needs more flight get Danvers (heavy hitter female bonus) (or even Vision , would love to see a conversation between him & Thor), if it needs an African American get BP. Don't want to **** on the guy, especially if you're a fan, just wouldn't be personally excited if I heard he was in.

EDit: And even if BP becomes a Cap replacement for a film (wouldn't want him to be a long term replacement, Cap's too important) I'd rather there was a crossover Avengers film with both prior rather than him coming straight in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Hmm, some people have already pointed it out but Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver really have the same problem as the X-Men do in folding into this Marvel Universe. It doesn't really make much sense seeing as mutants are hated by society yet people like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk are seen as heroes.

There's really a big disconnect there.
They can be mutants and noone needs to know (yet, if ever). They don't even need to know themselves (daddy didn't tell them yet). If they join the Avengers team the public will probably assume they are random accidents like the rest of the team.