View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #934
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716
Something as perfectly timeless as Superman, who is the epitome of American mythology, should not bend to suit the whims of a the "younger generation" who think they define what's "cool".
Well, going off this logic, you should be positively up in arms that this movie has the audacity to have Superman flying in this film. Yes, flying. The gall. When Superman was first conceived, he could only leap incredible distances, however when they started making cartoons of him in the 40's and 50's, the animators changed it to flying because it was easier to animate, and the comics picked up the trait.

Presumably because they thought it was cool.

So I'm all for being a hardcore traditionalist. TAKE BACK OUR SUPERMAN! NO MORE FLYING! Also, while we're at it, let's get back that incredibly nationalist and slightly racist Superman who proclaimed to children "Superman says it's okay to slap a Jap!"

Point being, these characters change. They're constantly changing, as they should, because comics are an ever changing medium. That's why they still exist. They take certain things and leave certain things behind. As they should, otherwise they'd get incredibly stagnant. Now, I actually don't care one way or the other on the trunks issue. But trying to say Superman should not change to suit the whims of a younger generation is just silly, because it's what Superman has always done. And will continue to do.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049