View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #52
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Default Re: How to avoid rehashing elements from the Nolan Trilogy

One thing missing from Nolan's movies - I believe - was Bruce's psychotic nature. I mean I know it's kind of implied that a guy who dresses like a bat and fights crime has to be crazy, but the way those scenes were filmed in Begins... the way they were shot and the music he used... it was a bit too cookie cutter for my tastes. And if I'm being perfectly honest, to this day I'm not extremely fond of Christian Bale's portrayal. Very one note, almost flat even.

I feel like in the next incarnation, if they do decide to re-do the origin... they need to really make Bruce like a nutcase. A sympathetic nutcase, but a nutcase nonetheless. He doesn't do what he does because he wants to "show Gotham their city doesn't belong to the corrupt" or because he wants to "be a symbol". He does what he does because he's traumatized and he has an obsession with stopping bad people from doing bad things. More than anything, he needs to prevent what happened to him from happening to anyone else.

I want an almost Taxi Driver like vibe. Obviously not as dark, but definitely that vibe. When you start seeing Travis work out and you start to see him customize his own weapons, you really get the idea that this a deranged individual. Making his own dumbell bars out of paint cans and s***. This is a twisted man with an obsession. That's how Bruce should come across, but more noble obviously. But make no mistake, there's nothing normal about a billionaire who spends his days fashioning batarangs.

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote