View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #696
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. Of all people, I thought you'd see the non-Maximoffs side of this thing. I can't believe he'd let something so obvious slip this early. I'm not saying it's definitely not them, but I'd start looking elsewhere first for a guy/girl combo.

Maybe...Mar'vell and Carol Danvers?
Brother-sister act from back in the day? C'mon. The Maximoffs are practically one step removed from the Founders. They're more core Avenger than even Hawkeye and Widow. *Gotta* be Wanda & Pietro. Looking for other "kinda sorta" combos are just grasping at straws --- Joss was being pretty obvious here.

But yeah, I agree with the talk about them possibly starting off as villains, as they did historically. He hasn't officially said they're on the team yet, just that they're in the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I just have no idea how you explain their back stories if not as mutants. And I'm not one for unexplained origins. I hope it's just a red herring and I hope its Ant-Man/Wasp and not the Maximoffs.
The Maximoffs didn't become mutants until many years into their respective runs. They began simply as a brother-sister super team on the Avengers; the Magneto lineage wasn't added until much later. I think true magic would be the easiest explanation, considering it's already right there in her name (Scarlet Witch). Quicksilver's power is harder to explain, but whatever source they choose to give Wanda's power is almost certainly going to be what powers Pietro, too. So....magic speedster?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014