View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #34
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
I always thought Cap was kinda weak compared to the other heroes. He's really a gymnast with a shield. He needs a really strong story and character development because he's just not a character that pops off the screen for action. Watch TFA and you'll see what I'm saying.

I love my country as much as anyone but just because a dude wears the flag doesn't mean I automatically love him. All that said, I loved the film and the character has really grown on me.
Captain America didn't make a lot of money (ideally, it should have been as bigger as Iron Man) but Chris Evans is just not a big draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
No way in hell that happens. You've got it backwards, Captain America is the franchise that benefits the most from the Avengers boost for 3 reasons. 1) Out of the big 3, Cap's first movie made the least amount of money, therefore The Avengers gave him more exposure the the general audience than it did for Iron Man or Thor. 2) Cap 2 has a total of 5 returning characters from The Avengers, it will be the one that most resembles The Avengers and will be the one most connected to the film. 3) By the time Cap 2 releases the hype for The Avengers 2 will have just started due to filming.

The order the movies come out and the distance of release from the first Avengers movie doesn't matter at all, especially since people are aware that The Avengers 2 is coming. The only way the Avengers effect will wear out is if Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 are mediocre, but it doesn't look that way.
Harry Potter 3 was the best film in the first three movies of Harry Potter and yet it is the lowest grossing film in the series. It also suffered because of the release date. I don't see why it couldn't happen to Captain America.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-25-2013 at 09:10 PM.