View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #80
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: The #4 movie - which movie series will have it first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
People seem to have forgotten that before the title was officially Days of Future Past it was X-Men: First Class 2. I had been looking for when he said it's not so much of a sequel as it is it's own thing, just couldn't remember which interview it was. But of course no matter what Singer says people are still going to call it X4 because that's what they want it to be.
Umm ya know things always change. After First Class was released, we didn't know the original cast was gonna return for the next movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
My thing is if Singer says:
Then how can people still call it X4?
[/I]
And after that interview, he said that DOFP is both of FC2 and X4.

Anyway, DOFP is gonna look like its X-Men 4 more than First Class 2 just because majority of the cast/characters were in X3. It doesn't matter what your reasons are for not seeing it as X-Men 4. It will be X-Men 4 to most people especially general audience. You can compare it to The Avengers, but First Class was never a separate series like Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. Probably it was intended to be a separate series but First Class is now a prequel to most people. Even if they make another First Class movie in the future, it will still appear as a prequel.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-25-2013 at 09:22 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote