View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #939
sf2
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
The people I talked first noticed that this film will be more action packed than SR and when I told them Snyder was behind it, they got more excited. Then talks of trunks came, to which they wondered why they were missing and I explained the current change in comics and litigation, but they were ultimately indifferent with an "Oh, ok" type of reaction. Nothing about how "good" he is or power. Much excitement about action and quality thanks to Snyder and Nolan's names.

It's like JAK brought up, some people may make these same complaints and/or jokes, but they still end up coming to see the films. If MOS kept the trunks and marketed the film the same exact way (He not only throws a punch, but at least two!), it'd still be more appealing than SR in which they tried to play up on the assumed nostalgia the general public had for the Donner films.
agree completely. Trunks are never the problem. It’s always the storyline. If they were the problem, they would be gone long time ago and forever. Unfortunately The cynics win in this era, that’s all.