View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #121
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: 'There's a wolf on the school' - The Booboo Stewart Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Warpath could be in the movie for any number of narrative reasons. He might be there as an opponent for Beast or Colossus, or to provide his powers to Rogue so she can kick butt at last.
It's still weird for me to think people are expecting or hoping to see that. If they're gonna bring another mutant, why the hell waste it like that? Just so that he can be a "powersource" for a character that doesn't do a lot of fighting in the first place?

I'm indifferent with Booboo playing Warpath, because I'm not familiar with the character, but if they had a reason to include him when we already have so many mutants for that time line, I sure hope it's for something other than acting like a source for Rogue's powers.

People have to finally accept that this Rogue is not the 90's show Rogue - she's far different. Whether or not that's a bad thing is another topic, but to think she'll go around the corner and miraculously turn into cartoon Rogue is a bit silly.

If anything, I would HATE to see Rogue suddenly become a wise-cracking flying Sentinel-punching rebel - because that's not who the character in these movies is. I never was a fan of the movie universe Rogue, nor of Anna's portrayal, but if they're gonna bring her back, at least deal with the character already created in these movies, and not bring the same actor to play a totally different character with the same name essentially.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote