KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Opening Weekend - $60 to $70 million
Domestic - $140 to $180 million
Worldwide - $425 to $500 million

I think this movie will earn more money if it comes out in summer.
I actually disagree. I think the fact that it isn't coming out in Summer will give it more money than it usually would have gotten.

If you look at the month of April 2014, it's almost dead. Captain America will be #1 for at least 2-3 weeks. This is basically in the Hunger Games spot, and I'm expecting big money from it, especially if it's good. The first Captain America would've done better if it wasn't buried in a sea of similar movies fighting for the same demographic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
why did TFA so poorly in america? you guys are pretty patriotic after all.
July to August 2011 was an oddly competitive time in box office, with Planet of the Apes outperforming expectations.

The film also lacked the big budget advertising push required for a true break out hit. CA: TWS will have neither of these problems against it, and with the Avengers boost that is currently seeing Iron Man match the Avengers in some foreign markets, and blow past it's predecessor, we will see Cap show similar growth.

I'm going with

Domestic- $200-250 M
Foreign- $350-450 M
Worldwide- $550-650 M

I'll probably be adjusting that based on Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World's performances. But I can't imagine 3 of the 4 stars of the biggest non-James Cameron movie of all time not receiving a huge boost in returns.

Last edited by KangConquers; 04-26-2013 at 11:07 AM.