View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #83
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy vs Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy

I enjoyed the first two Spider-Man movies immensely. They were great, and really up there with the best comic book movies. But Spider-Man 3 was a huge let down and I thought it was one of the worst comic films so far.

I didn't feel the same levels of soaring or excitement with the Dark Knight Trilogy overall, but it was still good and had a more consistent tone throughout. I didn't find TDKR a big disappointment but enjoyed it a lot more. In fact, the team up between Batman and Catwoman at the end had me far more thrilled and excited than the team up between Peter and Harry against Sandman and Venom.

So TDKR ended on a much better and more satisfying note, and didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth, whereas Spider-Man 3 did.

So my answer is that I enjoyed Spider-Man 1 and 2 more as individual films, but enjoyed The Nolan Batman movies more as a trilogy.