View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #888
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I don't see why he would keep casting massive names like Will Smith, Johnny Depp. No other filmmaker does that.

The point was these actors clearly arnt making him millions.... The xmen movies have always made a profit but have never been massive hits like say spiderm-man or even iron man. superman returns is regarded as a flop, jack the giant slayer barely broke even, and in all honesty the biggest singer directed money maker in the last 10 years was valkyrie. It about trippled its budget. Which ironically also had none if these young no names.

Id argue the only singer golden boy from nobody to star was Hugh jackman , none of these young folk that seem like singers type.

If anything, cruise, jackman, mckellan, berry, spacey , and Stewart are Singers "million dollar" money makers

This is the casting thread and when Singer makes odd choices with his abundant reputation its going to come up. The lesson to take away from it all is that its ok to criticize a casting choice, just because someone is chosen for a role doesn't always mean they're the best for the role, and a "casting couch" does exist in Hollywood....and its two consenting adults who both choose their actions whether you agree with it or not. It does not reflect on an actors acting ability nor a directors directing ability. So rumors be true, innocent, or all made up it really shouldn't make you that uncomfortable. I doubt Singer is saying "sleep with me, and you got the part" or forcing anyone to do anything.

The only thing it really changes is the idea that maybe some casting isnt the most perfect for the role.

You can like someone's work and respect it with out liking them as a person. I love rihanna's music, but she makes horrible life decisions...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 04-27-2013 at 10:41 AM.