View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #949
Mike22
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
How do you do the classic suit justice in live action? Most of the previous suits were straight translations of it. Keep in mind there are always slight proportion changes from artist to artist and the logo doesn't always look the same.
I'll tell you exactly how to do it justice. And you've already seen it. Pretty much exactly what they've done with the MOS suit, just remove SOME of the piping or rearrange it so it fits better with the added trunks which are a really dark red in my version and a material that react differently to light like the rest of the MOS costume apparently does, oh and add the S to the cape. When I say Justice, I mean in such a way that the concept is there, but executed in a modern-ish way. I very much like ( in fact love) the concept of the piping in the MOS costume, and if I were in charge I would simply just merge this new idea with the classic suit in a slightly different way and just present it as classic yet updated. Hell I even did a full scale drawing on it just for my own curiosity.